Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 23 - Sunday, June 1 - Las Cruces, NM to Grants, NM

Today was a driving day. We are on our way to Mesa Verde National Park near Cortez, Colorado, which was designated a national park because of the preserved cliff dwellings of Native Americans around 1100 AD. I'll be sure to post more when we visit the park on Tuesday (Monday, June 2 is another travel day).
Today marked the first day on my new trailer tires. I've received quite an education about trailer tires and I'm hoping that by switching to high quality radial tires I've solved some of the tire problems. We'll see in about another 1,000 miles or so.

Fun facts about the trip so far: We've traveled over 3,600 miles, consumed about 450 gallons of gas, visited 6 states, eaten about 50 smores, and broken up at least 100 fights (none physical). Yes, that last fact is true. My dreams of a cross country family trip without conflict just didn't come true. Real life happens in Virginia or anywhere else in the world.

No comments: