Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 28 - Friday June 6 - Hummer Safari in Moab, Utah

It's Sunday, June 8 and I am trying to catch up on blogging. Unfortunately, most of my free time in the last several days has been devoted to looking for a tire for my travel trailer and figuring out how I will tow my travel trailer from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to where I need to be in Hurricane, Utah. Unfortunately, the route Google Maps takes me is impassible with travel trailers. I think I've solved both those problems, so now I will catch you up on the events of the last three days.

On Friday, June 6, we went on a Hummer safari. This was based on a recommendation Jonathan Watkins (my brother in-law) received. I knew the trip involved off-roading. However, I had no idea it would involve the extreme class of off-roading we experienced. We climbed angles I didn't think were possible with a vehicle. I don't normally get nervous about heights or other things, but I was a little nervous when we started our 39 degree climb up a rock wall about the width of the Hummer. I tried to take pictures, but they just can't capture the angles and the thrills.


No comments: