Tuesday, July 24, 2007

July 23- Montreal to Lake Placid

Yesterday we made it back into the US so I can now read the road signs. I loved the construction message boards entirely in French. Thankfully, my inability to read them didn't cause too much trouble. Here in the Adirondacks of New York, the scenery is beautiful. We are going to the 1980 winter olympic site today and then travelling to Oswego, New York, which is another stopping point along the way to Niagra. The funny moment of yesterday was when the border guard asked if all 4 kids were mine. I know he has to ask that question to anyone travelling with kids, but he asked it in a way that sounded like he expected me to say that I had kids with me that weren't mine. We made it back into the US at mile 2596. I just asked the boys if they had anything to add to the blog. They said that their funny moment of the day yesterday was when I was making up a bedtime story about a polar bear and a seagull and I started to fall asleep. They had to kick me to keep the story going.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did the GPS do the translation for you? Would have been mighty funny if the GPS would have went right into french since you were in a french territoty :)

Jim G said...

Mayos,

It's a pleasure to read of your adventures as you go. Thank you for sharing! If you run out of room in the RV, feel free to mail us stuff and we'll set it aside until you get back, i.e. souvenirs and such.

Stay safe.

Jim Gambill