Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cross Country Trip Day 1 - Berryville, Virginia to Gatlinburg, Tennessee (419 miles)

Bailey, Brandon, Bria, and I left Berryville, Virginia around 9 am and arrived at the KOA in Gatlinburg around 5:45 pm. I'm glad this was one of the longest driving days, I wouldn't want too many of these days. As soon as we arrived, we set up the RV and grabbed something to eat. However, just when we could have gone outside and burned off some energy, it started raining. Needless to say, all that stored energy came out when I tried to put them to bed. Maybe I was too ambitious thinking that my patience was sufficient to hand three kids alone for 21 days......My hat goes off to the single parents or military spouses that do it full time.

There is one issue that I am going to have to repair on the RV. The window is not sealed properly and water is slowly leaking into the bunkbed area. Hopefully a little caulk around the window will do the trick. We'll find out......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will do wonderful Hunt I know I'm biased but I KNOW You are an awesome Daddy and you'll do great. Glad today was a day of hiking, swimming, and sunshine, sleep should come easier for everyone. I love and miss you all But am sooo excited and thankful you have this time together!!!!

dm said...

Super trip idea! I'm jealous of your time off! Laura and I will be keeping up with your journey; have a Super Mayo Family Time!!
Best regards,
David and Laura Mead