Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 12 - Burleson, Texas to New Braunfels, Texas

Today we covered 217 miles in about 4 hours. We are right near San Antonio, Texas and will spend Thursday doing something fun in the San Antonio area (there was still some debate at bedtime......).
The kids swam in the Guadalupe River, which happens to be 20 yards from my campsite. The swimming was short lived because a snake decided to crash the party. I'm not sure how many species of water snakes are poisonous, but I didn't think I should find out.

I'd like to honor the innovative business men in Texas who have developed very interesting tag lines that probably wouldn't get my attention. For example, one used auto store was titled "Cut the Crap Auto Sales". I just thought that was supposed to be standard business practice. We ate at a very popular Bar-B-Q chain tonight that has numerous stores throughout this part of Texas. If you read the shirts of the employees at Rudy's Bar-B-Q you will see that it says "The Worst Bar-B-Q in Texas". I don't know about you, but I simply wouldn't have thought that would be a winning tag line. Somehow, people pay lots of money for the worst Bar-B-Q in Texas. Heck, I've grilled some pretty lousy hamburgers, maybe I should start competing for the worst Bar-B-Q slot.

No comments: